Life can be very stressful for moms, but there are plenty of things you can do to relax. You deserve it! You owe it to yourself to do at least one thing on this list once a week to give your body, mind and spirit a lift.
You can also download the free Hot Mama Makeover guide to help you start feeling like a million bucks. Moms are notorious for putting
themselves last and everyone else first, so it’s time you did something for yourself.
- Light some candles, put on your favorite music and relax in a warm tub full of bubbles. Add some of your favorite scents for some aromatherapy. Lavender and chamomile are great for relaxing.
- Lay on the couch and read a new book, or an old favorite.
- Let yourself have a nap. A few minutes of rest can make the rest of your day go a little smoother.
- Indulge in a little dessert just for you after the kids have gone to bed. (Just don’t make it a habit, or you’ll be visiting my weight loss blog.)
- Curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and a bowl of popcorn and dig out some old classic movies.
- Sip on some wine while you read the magazine you bought earlier at the grocery store. (Try not to drink the whole bottle or you’ll be doing more medicating than pampering the next morning.)
- Ask your partner to give you a massage or if you can afford it, visit a massage therapist once a month to ease any aches and pains.
- Take yourself out! If your budget can handle it, find a nice restaurant and dine in style.
- Make yourself a cup of tea or hot chocolate and sip on it while looking out the window and reflecting on all the good things that happened to you that day.
- Give your self-esteem a little boost and get a manicure and pedicure. It doesn’t have to be done at the salon – you can do it at home and save yourself some money.
- Light some scented candles, turn out the lights, and give yourself a facial with a homemade oatmeal mask.
- Get a haircut. It feels great to have someone wash your hair, plus a new style will give you another self-esteem boost.
- Join a Yoga class or get yourself a yoga video to do at home. The stretching will make you feel better, and your body will thank you.
- Get yourself a new outfit, even if it’s from the clearance rack. It always feels good to wear something new.
- Call up an old friend or family member you haven’t talked to for awhile and chat the night away.